   Re: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

Hi Simon,

> Though it may cause people to label you a crank, it seems smartest
> to me to let the W3C go its own demented way, make it consistently
> clear that the the W3C way is not the only way - and that the W3C
> produces Recommendations, not Standards in any event - and encourage
> other projects which learn from the W3C's mistakes.

Yeah, maybe you're right. I guess that my irrepressible optimism needs
to be tempered by some realism. But that realism would also suggest
that no matter how fine the alternative (RELAX NG is a pretty bloody
fine alternative to W3C XML Schema), most users will be stuck, for
whatever reason (implementation availability, because they or their
bosses don't know any better, ...) with the latest W3C-approved specs.

Oh dear, I'm forgetting a little exercise that I'm supposed to do when
I start getting concerned about this. "It's not my problem. It's not
my problem. It's not my problem. None of this will matter in 10 years
time."

Cheers,

Jeni

---