   Re: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

Very much agree with sentiments expressed re complexity. As a
gamekeeper (stds developer) turned poacher (user) it seems to be true
that:

- the first standard works but has some problems

- the second one/version solves the problems and adds 500% complexity

- by then the original problems have work-arounds which are well
understood and work

So the second one often does not get serious take-up until a long
time later. But somehow we should be learning how to do this better.

Robin