   Re: [xml-dev] Rethinking namespaces, attribute remapping

Good luck getting anyone in the W3C to consider reopening the DTD syntax. I
think there's more support for dropping DTDs alltogether.

One trick that people have used for ages to indicate data types in DTDs is
through parameter entities.

<!ENTITY % integer "CDATA" >
<!ENTITY % uri     "CDATA" >
<!ATTLIST foo
          bar  %integer; #IMPLIED
          href %uri;     #IMPLIED>

This works great for human documentation, but is not especially machine
processable.

I wonder if it's worth more thought to try and bless a way of doing this, to
provide more meaning to attributes?

-Wayne Steele