   Re: RE: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

10/3/2002 2:22:32 PM, "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>> I just had an example where writing
>> select="output" instead of select="outputs/output" had cost
>> me two full days :-\.
>>

>I think that catching what I call "void path expressions" is one of the
>big potential advantages of binding a stylesheet to a schema.
>Unfortunately, while a lot of the type inferencing machinery is in place
>to do it, the last few links in the chain aren't there yet.

I've heard talk about an XSLT "lint" that would catch this kind of error
with knowledge of the input schema/dtd but without static typing built deep
into XLST or reference to types in the stylesheet.  Is such a thing
just a thought experiment, or has anyone done such a thing?