   Re: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

Jeny Tennison wrote:

> > Transform the input stylesheet into a new xml document where each
> > XPath expression and pattern has been turned into an XML structure.
> > Apply a second transform to this document which also reads a schema
> > (RELAX NG in my case). The result of this transformation is an
> > enumeration of patterns and XPath expressions found in the input
> > stylesheet, which can never match or select nodes in a document
> > which is valid against the input schema.
>
> Wow, that sounds great! Can you be persuaded to make it public, or is
> it something that you're building into a commercial tool?

I've no commercial intentions with it so the only question is time really. If I
find time I'll try to make a public release. Also, there are parts of it that
shouldn't really be implemented in XSLT as they are now. XPath parsing
in XSLT for example was fun as an experiment but to say the least,
it streches the capabilities of XSLT to its limits ...

Cheers,
David