   Re: [xml-dev] XPath/XSLT 2.0 concerns

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> One thing I don't understand about this idea: what if the document is
> invalid according to its schema? Is schema checking a prerequisite for
> using the schema (which would seem to be a huge performance hit in
> itself) or does the processor simply produce incorrect results in this
> case?

The document needs to be type-decorated, which isn't much different from
validated in the case of XML Schema, so yes in the normal case you will
have a performance hit that will most likely be higher than what you
gain in msot cases.

In the case I am considering however, the document can only be valid
because it has been binary encoded using a schema, and it won't encode
if it ain't valid.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway