   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Divorcing Data Model and Syntax: was Re: [xml-dev] h

> You can but you need Hytime for the time dependent dynamic
> bindings.  :-)
>
> Ask why a tree has overlaps.  What active force(s) causes that
> manifestation in static systems?

I take it you mean: "Answer me why a tree has overlaps."

Two reasons:

(1) different conceptual data models  (a subject regularly rebeaten to death
on this ma(iling list)

(2) different physical data models (beyond the [well pulped] document vs.
data debates)

I discount processing models as reason for overlaps, although they may drive
(1) and (2).

Do I get a cookie?