   RE: [xml-dev] XML waves (was : Divorcing Data Model and Syntax)

>Danny Ayers wrote,
>> The signal analysis approach to documents is wide open,
>
>I don't know exactly what you mean by "wide open", but there's a whole
>discipline, bibliometrics, devoted to this area. Try Google or
>CiteSeer.

Bibliometrics doesn't necessarily use signal analysis techniques, but I'm
happy to broaden the scope to this, and say "wide open" in the sense of
"there's gold in them thar hills". People are mining, but there's still
plenty of untapped seams in the context of the web and XML in general.

A Citeseer search for "fourier and astronomy" returns 491 hits, "fourier and
bibliometrics" returns 1.
A Google search for "fourier bibliometrics" returns about 50 results,
"fourier music" returns about 35,500.

Cheers,
Danny.