   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Divorcing Data Model and Syntax: was Re: [xml-d

Thomas B. Passin scripsit:

> A better starting point would be Dirac's "braket" notation, since it is so
> close to familiar markup already:
>
> <text|A|text>

I was actually thinking about that.  But when you are allowed to embed
annotations within tags, you don't know if the | ends the current tag
or a subtag without much ugliness.  I don't actually *like* LMNLs
tag conventions ([foo} is a start, {bar] is an end, [baz] is empty),
but they work.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"In computer science, we stand on each other's feet."