   Re: [xml-dev] Using RDDL as a Distributed Registry Architecture

Hi Roger,

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 22:04, Roger L. Costello wrote:

> 2. The whole notion of my client's Registry is to create a centralized,
> heavyweight data pool where clients go to find the who, what, and where
> of services.  UDDI has the same centralized, heavyweight
> mentality. This is not harmonious with the Web.

.../...

> 6. "Since there is not a central registry to look for services, how do I
> locate services in a RDDL-based architecture?"  Use a
> search engine!  You may desire to create a search engine that is
> customized to your domain (I have anticipated for years that the
> use of generic search engines, such as google, will end, and
> domain-specific search engines will prevail)

That's what I think too and I have even developed a prototype for such a
search engine:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/06/26/vocabularies.html

It's kind of stalled right now for lack of funding, but your customer
may have some $$$ to spend to give it a new momentum :-) ...

Eric
--
Freelance consulting and training.
                                            http://dyomedea.com/english/