   Re: [xml-dev] Using RDDL as a Distributed Registry Architecture

> crashing to a halt the way that the death of DNS would.

How would you accomplish the "death of DNS"?  Bring down all 13 root
servers?  Sure, a major registrar could go down, but the DNS data
itself is distributed so it's a reasonably simple matter to resurrect
from the zone files.  whois would be lost, which would mean
scrambling to retrieve billing data, but that's infrastructure (ooh,
I mean meta-data :) not part of DNS itself.  Or do you mean bring down the
distributed zones of authority of individual domains within .COM, etc?

Are you sure you know how DNS works?

And, of course, I wasn't talking DNS, but DNSSEC and its *lack* of
deployment.
	/r$