   Re: [xml-dev] <!-- -- -->

Hi Peter,

If I read you correctly, then it means "--" is not
allowed in the content of comment in XML because:
1. [15] in REC does not allow that.
2. that will make XML incompatible with SGML.

You know, I got confused because, when [15] is so
clear in not allowing "--" in comment, why should the
line [For compatibility, the string "--"
(double-hyphen) must not occur within comments] be
mentioned at all.

If somebody can answer this one question here then I
would be more than clear:
Is "--" allowed in the content of comment in a XML by
any means and call it legal XML?.

Thanks,
Joe F.