   The Searching Business (WAS RE: [xml-dev] Using RDDL as a Distributed Re

Some examples of specialized competitors.

http://www.business2.com/articles/web/0,,44167,FF.html

len

From: Paul Prescod [mailto:paul@prescod.net]

Google centralizes in the sense of "bringing things together." It
doesn't centralize in the sense of providing a function which could
architecturally not be provided by some competitor. Or to put it another
way, if you and I wanted to compete with Google, we could put together a
team of PhDs and a spider.