   Re: [xml-dev] Article on the disadvantages of UDDI?

10/10/2002 12:26:55 AM, Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net> wrote:

>http://www.blogstream.com/pauls/1034221895/index_html

I agreed with most of it.  I was on a Internet World panel with
a UDDI guru last week, and came away with more appreciation
for it than I had, so I'm doing some rethinking ....

One thing though:
"I haven't heard a clear argument for avoiding the use of
semantic web technologies to solve a problem that is clearly
within their domain. My current sense is that it is merely a
case of NIH syndrome."

My current sense is that it's Not Invented Yet syndrome, or
at least Not Proved Yet syndrome.  After all, UDDI 1.0 pre-dated
WSDL, much less any compelling, widely known examples of semantic
web technologies solving practical problems at Internet scale.

[trolling for examples proving me wrong :-) ]