   JITTs and DOM

Jeni and Friends,

Thought there might be some interest in a very short note I have posted
to the JITTs page on the impact of the JITTs paradigm on DOM performance.

Jump from the JITTs page, http://www.sbl-site2.org/Extreme2002 or go
there directly at: http://www.sbl-site2.org/Extreme2002/JITTs_and_DOM.html.

Running on a laptop, gains of 26 to 39 times were observed. (As file
sizes increases, so do the performance increases.) Note I do not
characterize these as "tests," merely observations. Further work is needed.

I am on the road and will be in meetings/traveling so will only have
sporadic email access. Looking forward to seeing other "observations"
using these well-formed XML test files.

Enjoy!

Patrick

--