   Re: RE: RE: [xml-dev] Great piece on RSS

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" scripsit:

> See Chanute, Lilienthal.  Hang gliders are the original form.
> The engines of the day couldn't deliver the horsepower
> to overcome the weight.

Ah, okay.

> Scalar or vector, I need the assertions of the
> vendor, not the opinions of its competitors.

The assertions of the vendor are what the courts call "puffery",
the timid call "marketing", and the bold call "lies".
They are never to be trusted.

> I will have it in writing somewhere
> that the software does what is advertised or
> otherwise, remediation is available.

Then you want what never was and seemingly never will be.  I know of not
one vendor of software who does anything but disclaim all possible liability,
and warrants its software only for its utility as a coffee-cup coaster.

> If Google used RFPs as source, MS still wins by virtue
> of the number of times it is cited in procurements.

If so, then the procurements are bogus: they are procuring Office XP,
whatever it does or doesn't do, and not something that serves a specific
function, since Office XP isn't warranted to serve any particular function.

--
We call nothing profound                        jcowan@reutershealth.com
that is not wittily expressed.                  John Cowan