   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Multiple xsd:imports on the same namespace

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:13:31PM +0100, Jeni Tennison wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > However we have been asked to work with these schemas by a customer
> > who had them produced elsewhere. We would prefer to use the schemas
> > that we have been given unmodified.
>
> Well, you might be able to find an XML Schema validator that merges
> multiple imports of the same namespace -- it's legal for validators to
> do that. Presumably if your customers designed and are using these
> schemas, they're also using such a validator. Perhaps you should ask
> them what they're using, and then use that.
>
> (If you could also let us know which validator that is, I'd certainly
> be interested in knowing.)

I think the schemas were designed in XMLSpy, and they do indeed validate
correctly in that for me.  Also, IBM's SQC does not object to the
schemas, which makes sense as they are valid. Unfortunately XMLSpy is
not suitable for our purposes.

David
--
David Sheldon, Client Services        DecisionSoft Ltd.
Telephone: +44-1865-203192            http://www.decisionsoft.com