   Re: [xml-dev] XDocs and XForms?

bryan wrote:
> Paul Prescod wrote:
>
>>..I suspect that XForms
>>and SVG will spark a rejuvenation of the PULL for a browser platform
>
> and
>
>>Mozilla support for those specifications to re-ignite the competition
>>between browsers based on standards.
>

> I think there still has to be quite a bit of consolidation to do, with
> seamless translations of data to browsers etc. before IT departments
> will be willing to start expending energy and capital as ground troops
> in another browser war.

IT departments love the browser platform because of 0-install and portal
integration. They won't be the ground troops. Early adopters on the
public Internet are the ground troops. College kids and geeks are the
ground troops as they were the first time. After things stabilize, IT
hops on board and reaps the benefits.

  Paul Prescod