   RE: [xml-dev] Namespaces

How about namespaces the Ugly Way:

http://www.diabolicxml.org/temp.xml

This file is generated from a tool I'm working on that converts qNames this
way. Why? A thick streak of perversity in my character, I suppose.  I'm
learning a lot, anyway, so bug off.

Actually, it's a palliative. When transmitting Namespaced XML to processes
that mishandle namespace declarations,  the other half of this tool can take
any resulting modified document and regenerate missing XML Namespace
declarations.