   RE: [xml-dev] fwd: metaphorical Web

1) Sending/processing SOAP messages independent from transport is
interesting - and WS-Routing and WS-Security help, especially in the
face of SOAP intermediaries.

2) A lot of interesting XML apps never see XML 1.0, only infosets. This
is widespread practice for in-memory scenarios today. Whether this
practice becomes commonplace across memory/host boundaries in a
heterogeneous environment is an open question.

3) Type assignment (a la PSVI) solves some interesting problems.

DB