   Re: [xml-dev] XML, routing

Miles Sabin writes:
>Right, but isn't the lesson of NetBEUI (and IPX and DECnet and
>AppleTalk) that proprietary protocols have a tough time surviving even
>in closed environments ... because the pressure to be not _completely_
>closed is irresistable in almost all cases.

I hope so, certainly.

Still, it seems worth considering that the lesson of seamless
transitions may apply, uh, differently in this case.

(I am still running AppleTalk on my home network, though everything else
but TCP/IP is gone.  Wish I could find OS X drivers for an AppleTalk
ImageWriter II.)

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether