   Re: [xml-dev] Future of XSL-FO at W3C??

Hi David

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 11:43, David Carlisle wrote:

> > fo:block{
> > text-align:right;
>
> No. Not at all. That is exactlty my point. One should never write an fo
> document, it is only the result of styling some other document. So why
> do you want to re-style it with css?

A reason I can see for this is that XSL-FO is often the result of a
styling performed by XSLT which is much more a transformation than a
styling language IMO.

This means that to change a font or a color you have to change the XSLT
stylesheet (except if you use techniques such as "style free
stylesheets" which I have already used with success with XSL-FO but I'd
guess that very few people do this) and this task belongs to programmers
more than to designers...

Eric
--
Rendez-vous a Paris (seminaire 01 Informatique).
                       http://www.01net.com/rubrique?rub=2813&cpn=lib_86