   Re: [xml-dev] Future of XSL-FO at W3C??

On Friday 18 October 2002 3:16 pm, bryan wrote:
> <fo:stylesheet>
>
> fo:block{space-before.optimum:5pt; space-after.optimum:3pt;}
> .Section2{space-before.optimum:7pt;border-start-color:red;
> border-start-width:2px;}
> .bodyblock block{border-start-width:1px;}
> .Title{width:44pt;height:75pt;background-color:blue;color:white;}
> #section1body22{margin-top:11mm;}
> </fo:stylesheet>

I wonder how easy it would be to write an XSLT transformation that eats the
above and sorts out FO properties in the right places? After all, the input
to XSLT doesn't have to be 'proper' XML, doesn't it? (or even XML at all,
come to that). Thus you could write a CSS stylesheet and use it as a
pre-phase for the true XSLT transform, to generate a simple immediate library
of properties as entity replacements. Maybe?

--
Ian Tindale