   RE: [xml-dev] Future of XSL-FO at W3C??

Ian wrote:

>I wonder how easy it would be to write an XSLT transformation that eats
the
>above and sorts out FO properties in the right places? After all, the
input
>to XSLT doesn't have to be 'proper' XML, doesn't it? (or even XML at
all,
>come to that). Thus you could write a CSS stylesheet and use it as a
>pre-phase for the true XSLT transform, to generate a simple immediate
>library
>of properties as entity replacements. Maybe?

That would be pretty difficult seeing as how the above is just a bunch
of text inside a node and XSLT does not handle text very well. However
it is not difficult to write a css in xml format which is what I use in
the solutions I build for XSL-FO.

It is unfortunately something of an ugly but necessary hack, hence my
desire to see it replaced by actual css support.