   Re: [xml-dev] What is Tag Soup?

At 2002-10-13 05:55, Rick Jelliffe wrote:
>From: "Sean McGrath" <sean.mcgrath@propylon.com>
>
> > Schemas have entropy - a tendancy towards disorder - disorder the grows
> > over time
> > as the schema is modified....
>
>I wonder how much is this actually a problem with
>
>1) Using content models, rather than systems that allow partial orderings
>to be declared (i.e.,  "bib should come before bub and to hell wit the rest")?

I'm confused here: you seem to be saying that you don't think
content models, or more generally formal grammars as defined by
Chomsky, can express the constraint "bib should come before bub
and anything else can occur in any order".  Surely you can't
believe that.

Or do you really believe that partial ordering is an important
enough design case that it deserves special syntactic support?

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen