   Re: [xml-dev] The Browser Wars are Dead! Long Live the Browser Wa rs!

Karl Waclawek wrote:

>>Rather, I said that there are great benefits to using a web
>>client and that it is inevitable that in the long run, the benefits of
>>"Windows clients" and Web clients will be merged in a manner that runs
>>across platforms (which is a key benefit of "Web clients").
>

> I can agree with that.
> Just curious: Do you think Java is a "web technology"?

Java can be used on the Web. My definition of web apps is here:

  * http://www.blogstream.com/pauls/1034787029

> Just asking because after convergence has been achieved,
> what will we call it, especially if it happens to be
> based on Java and not on SOAP/XML?

I don't view Java and SOAP/XML as being in competition so I don't see
that happening. And while I'm at it: SOAP and XML are hardly an
inseparable pair.

  Paul Prescod