====== Forwarded Message ======
Date: 10/22/02 2:39 PM
From: info@onlinetools.org (Christian Heilmann)
To: list@webdesign-l.com

Just flicked through this nice article on XML.com about XQuery:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/10/16/xquery.html

And I kept wondering, as cool as this might be, isn't this exactly
what people consider harmful or bad practice about PHP/ASP? I mean
the mixing of logical code (conditions, loops and comparisons)
and markup.

By separating display and logic you make sites more flexible and easy
to rebrand should the necessity occur. This way of inline coding in
the document might be handy, but I consider it rather harmful when it
comes to coding style.

Any thoughts on that?