   RELAX NG compact notation

Hi

I'm attempting to use the RELAX NG compact notation in order to add annotations to patterns. When I use Trang to convert to the XML notation, I get a syntax error for the following schema:

datatypes xsd = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes";
namespace a = "http://www.example.com/xml/annotation";

[a:extendsClass [ "com.example.uiapi.ClientBase" ]]
Client &= element firstName { xsd:string }
	& element lastName { xsd:string }
	& element dateOfBirth { xsd:string }

The error only occurs when I add an annotation to the first pattern in a schema, adding annotations to subsequent patterns seems to work fine.

Does anyone have any experience with the RELAX NG compact notation?

Thanks
Eric

Eric Middleton
Technical Consultant
Diagonal Solutions
Tel: 0113 220 8377
Fax: 0113 220 8378
www.diagonal-solutions.co.uk
eric.middleton@diagonal-solutions.co.uk

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please return it to the sender.