   Re: [xml-dev] The Browser Wars are Dead! Long Live the Browser Wa rs!

alaric@alaric-snell.com (Alaric B. Snell) writes:
>Why do you think a language succeeds... it being the best language for
>a task, or because of momentum (people fear learning languages) and
>marketing (when somebody is deciding which language to start off by
>learning, they are by definition not in a position to choose a good
>language over a bad one, and might well want to learn a language that
>others are likely to be using anyway since they want career prospects
>:-)

All of those things plus early Unicode support factored into my choice
of Java as a primary programming language.  At this point I've concluded
that Python is probably a better environment for the kind of work I'm
doing, but as I've gone this far in Java, I'll see if I can't go a bit
further.

Python and XML seem like a very good mix!  (Not sure what the Blanchard
laws have to say about that one.)

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether