   private vs. public (was Re: [xml-dev] XML as "passive data")

Okay, maybe I am missing the point here.  Why are we comparing data
visibility between XML and object-oriented language class instances?
Object-oriented languages can only use private data if the class contains
methods that access the data.  XML instances do not have methods.  If
anything, they are more like c-style "struct" instances to me.  Can someone
enlighten me as to the relevence in all this?  I'm obviously missing
something...

---
Seairth Jacobs
seairth@seairth.com