   Re: [xml-dev] Profundity du jour (was Re: [xml-dev] What is XML F

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" scripsit:

> I Corinthians 4: 8-16

Galatians 3:10.  But more to the point (and closer to my own feeling),
Dao De Jing 20:

How much difference between yes and no?
What difference between good and bad?

What the people fear
must be feared.
O desolation!
Not yet, not yet has it reached its limit!

Everybody's cheerful,
cheerful as if at a party,
or climbing a tower in springtime.
And here I sit unmoved,
clueless, like a child,
a baby too young to smile.

Forlorn, forlorn,
Like a homeless person.
Most people have plenty,
I'm the one that's poor,
a fool right through.

Ignorant, ignorant.
Most people are so bright.
I'm the one that's dull.
Most people are so keen.
I don't have the answers.
Oh, I'm desolate, at sea,
adrift, without harbor.

Everybody has something to do.
I'm the clumsy one, out of place.
I'm the different one,
for my food
is the milk of the mother.

	(Ursula K. Le Guin translation)

> I suppose if one is a Bozo, it is always important to
> deflate one's shoes before getting off the bus, but it is
> more important to get on the right bus.

Hey, bozo, get this:  Either you're on the bus or you're off the bus!

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of his own