   Re: [xml-dev] Unicode Support in XMl

Hi,
I have a xml document of the form
<t1>\u014C</t1>
I have parsed the value in tag t1 stored it in a
String Object and written it in a file using
writeChars
methods.I open the file in Unipad but cannot see the
unicode representation.Instead ? is the content of the
file.
However if I directly write the String Object in file
using writeChars and open the file in Unipad I am able
to see the Unicode representation.

The only difference in the 2 above mentioned cases is
that I obtain the first String Object by parsing the
documnet object and in the 2nd case I directly assign
the String Object the value \u014C.

It would be really nice if anyone could suggest a
solution to the problem.
Thanking in adavnce..
Regards
Soumya Das Gupta