   RE: OT: Save me from typing (was: XML as "passive data")

Nah, nah, nah. You're still typing when using properties. Less typing,
perhaps, but not much less.

What really I'm driving at is this:

1) define data model
2) define physical representation of (1)
3) declare private/protected/public access to data primitives in (2)
4) declare higher-order access for complex types in (2)
5) couple objects to (2)
6) have implicit access methods in objects  from declarations in (3) & (4)
7) allow overrides of (5) in derived classes

So the implicit accessors/mutators is just part of the overall picture I
have in mind. I don't pretend to have all this thought out, BTW.

Anyhow, this is way OT at this point, and a rehash of a thread a year or so
ago, besides.  Shall we get back to XML?