   Re: [xml-dev] XML as a type .. was [ANN] "Future of Software and Databas

> If XML is an "interchange" format - then why am I storing it?

Someone asked me this in a seminar. Before I could reply, the person next to him
said "Because we are required to by law." He works for a taxing authority. His
agency accepts XML-encoded tax documents that are filed electronically. By law,
they must archive the return as it was submitted.

Think also about e-business transactions that involve exchanging XML documents.
Now consider what type of audit trail you have without storing the documents
being exchanged (with digital signatures and so on).