   evaluating XPointers

I'm not sure it's possible to creating an xinclude(yes/no/noFallback)
scheme using the XPointer Framework because of this:
When multiple pointer parts are provided, an XPointer processor must
evaluate them in left-to-right order. If a part being evaluated fails
because the XPointer processor does not support the scheme, because the
scheme data is syntactically in error according to the specification
governing that scheme, or because the scheme identifies no subresource,
that part is consumed and the next, if any, is evaluated. The result of the
first pointer part whose evaluation succeeds is reported by the XPointer
processor as the subresource identified by the pointer as a whole, and
evaluation stops. If all the parts fail, it is an error. If a scheme-based
pointer has an error in its construction as a whole, evaluation stops and
pointer parts are not consumed.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/#b2b1b1b2b5

Even if, for instance, xinclude(yes) mandated XInclude processing, the
xinclude(yes) would just get consumed and nothing would happen.  (The same
applies to processing external entities.)  At best, I'm just going to have
to identify these issues and state that the current framework provides no
mechanism for addressing them.

After poking around the framework for a while, I'm not sure that any of
this is ready for prime time.  I'll get around to a formal
xml-linking-comments comment at some point, but I have to admit wishing
that the XPointer work would just halt now instead of racing toward 31
December with a "we must finish" attitude.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue