   RE: [xml-dev] [ANN] "Future of Software and Databases" NetSeminar (Dece

> This
> doesn't prevent the
> frequent crusader from coming by here in the hope that they
> can troll this
> group to death.  Such is life.

Personally, I'm extremely hesitant to slap a label on somebody and disregard
their posts. I think Steve McConnell states this attitude as "Don't flip the
Bozo switch!", meaning that it's easy to disregard somebody as incapable of
learning when in fact they may just be immature, ignorant, inarticulate, or
just plain antisocial. Doesn't mean they can't contribute insight or even
occasional constructive criticism now and then.

There are Trolls, and then there are those who are just trollish.
Trollishness you can outgrow and overcome. Patience, time, and effort will
often turn people's attitudes around. And then you might be thankful of the
investment.

Hey, I thought you were all dummies when I first came on this list!
Nowadays I mostly cower in incomprehending awe.