   Re: [xml-dev] Do We Need James Clark to get Good Recs?

Thomas B. Passin wrote:
> Sometimes it seems to me that most of the XML-related Recs/Specs that
> xml-dev'ers approve of are those that James Clark had a major influence on.
> Sax is an exception, I suppose, but that had David M. playing a unifying
> role, so maybe it is in a similar category.

James Clark was involved with XML before it was a key technology for
every big company in the world. The politics were secondary to the
technology back then. Someone _like_ James Clark is a necessary but not
sufficient condition to producing a great spec. The other half is that
he and his co-workers need to be freed to work without constant pressure
to add features before V1 ships.

  Paul Prescod