len

From: Michael Kay [mailto:michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com]

I think that producing specs is much like producing software, or music.

When individuals do it, primarily for intellectual satisfaction rather
than to make money, then it comes out anywhere from brilliant to awful
depending on the skills of the individual. And if it's awful then
everyone ignores it.

When corporations do it for commercial profit, then it comes out usable
but mediocre.