   Re: [xml-dev] Documenting XSLT (Was: Note from the Troll)

Hi Manos,

>> A documentation element (or a documentation namespace, which I'd
>> prefer) would enable me to stick *structured* documentation
>> *within* a template to explain a particular chunk of code.
>
> That would only get us to template level documentation, meaning
> associating something like xsl:documentation with a template.

Sorry, by "within a template" I meant "anywhere, not just at the
top-level". I didn't mean to imply directly inside xsl:template.

> However, a documentation element would probably have the ability to
> be more specific (meaning the target of the documentation). I would
> also agree on a namespace for documentation constructs, including
> attributes (much easier to tell what they document: the element on
> which they are attached and it's child nodes).

Very good point about attributes. I guess that the advantage of an
xsl:documentation element (over a documentation namespace) would be
that you could say that each XSLT element contains an optional
xsl:documentation element as its first child, with the semantic that a
xsl:documentation element provides documentation for the element in
which it's nested.

Cheers,

Jeni

---