   Re: [xml-dev] XML Object Serialization

** Reply to message from David Megginson <david@megginson.com> on Tue, 29 Oct
2002 08:32:47 -0500

> Automating XML/code connections, either through data binding or simply
> through automatic serialization, has been a sort-of philosopher's
> stone in parts of the XML community (with all that implies).

Sure, and I've seen enormous problems come out of people "compiling" XML
schemas into classes using the tools that are now available.  I mean, one of the
main reasons for using XML is to decouple applications, and then people compile
the XML schemas into code so that they tightly couple their applications to this
week's version of the XML.  It can cause *huge* delays for projects.  People
don't seem to remember that if you tightly couple some of your code to the XML,
you need to loosely couple those bits of code to the rest of your application.

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates, Information & Software Architect
mailto:abcoates@TheOffice.net
MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language)
http://www.mddl.org/