   Re: [xml-dev] Not quite an I-D announcement

elharo@metalab.unc.edu (Elliotte Rusty Harold) writes:
>Section 7 states "The current draft includes providing support for
>the default namespace in the XPointer namespace binding context. This
>can be removed, but needs consideration."
>
>It's not clear what you mean here. Section 7 is the only place I see
>the default namespace mentioned or used.

Basically it means that I needed to think it through.  Other sections
state that all of the bindings are added, which to me would include the
default namespace, but XPath, as you note, ignores it.

>Furthermore, the default namespace does not apply to XPath 1.0
>expressions; e.g. //name selects name elements in no namespace, not
>name elements in the default namespace. So even if you can include
>the default namespace, it probably won't have any effect.

I think that's the simple conclusion that I should add instead of my
current "needs consideration" text.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether