   Re: [xml-dev] help with inline svg explorer

In a message dated 29/10/2002 16:55:18 GMT Standard Time, bry@itnisk.com writes:

I figured I'd just ask here as I know there are some svg whizzes on the
list, not to mention dereferencing urls whizzes.

I was just wondering if any one could tell me why, when using Internet
Explorer behaviors to place an svg document inline within an dynamically
generated html document, and then attempting to reference a
linearGradient with an id firegrad1 for a fill the element being filled
by said gradient disappears whereas when I present the same svg as a
self-contained svg document the element being filled by the gradient is
present. I'm supposing that what happens when I write
Fill="url(#firegrad1)" is that the adobe plugin must be having a problem
finding firegrad1 when inline, the question being if I can do something
else to let it know it's being used inline?

Bry,

Can we see some code - for the version that doesn't work please?

If it were simply a matter of not finding the definition of the gradient the object would likely be rendered black. If it is not being rendered at all then it suggests there is an error in the code. At least that's the possibility I would like at first.

I assume you are using Adobe SVG viewer version 3?

Andrew Watt