Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Matt Gushee" <email@example.com>,<firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Need Help: Creating XML Tag with ":"
- From: "Dare Obasanjo" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:53:53 -0800
- Thread-index: AcJ/G0qBouafRrqUT+GnmH4fBmsr/gAWJeXA
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] Need Help: Creating XML Tag with ":"
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Matt Gushee [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 11:17 PM
> To: email@example.com
> 1) Go ahead and use your markup with colons, but don't call it XML,
> and don't expect XML parsers to be able to process it (I guess
> you'll have to write your own parser); or
XML 1.0 allows colons in names. It's the Namespaces in XML
recommendation that does not [without an explicit namespace
declaration]. Satish can look for an XML parser that either does not
support the XML namespaces or allows one to turn off support for this
> 2) Use a different separator instead of a colon. Hyphens or periods
> would work.
That is another feature.
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
When in doubt, ignore it.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no