   another XPointer scheme non-announcement

The pipeline1() XPointer scheme allows developers to specify XML
Pipeline Definition Language processing in XPointers, permitting
pointers to identify content in styled or otherwise processed results.

http://simonstl.com/ietf/draft-stlaurent-pipeline-frag-00.html

Once again, this is not an Internet-Draft because the cutoff date for
new I-Ds was yesterday.  It will, however, become an Internet-Draft when
the process re-opens in late November.  Comments and suggestions are
welcome in the meantime.

There are a few reasons to take a close look at this draft, if you have
time.

* this scheme has the potential to be far more invasive than any of the
other schemes published so far.  XML Pipeline Definition Language, while
just a W3C Note, offers an awful lot of power.

* this scheme uses a (resolvable or the pointer part fails) URI to
identify a pipeline description beyond the context of the XPointer
itself.

* this scheme moves from pointing into the representation and hoping
that the pointer survives whatever transformations may come toward
pointing into the result of those transformations.

While I'm not entirely sure this is doable today - I'm fairly depressed
about the overall state of pipeline definition and prcessing standards -
I think it's worth considering.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether