   Roy Fielding on XPointer

While I've been testing the limits of XPointer's scheme capabilities,
Roy Fielding (of TAG, REST, and Apache fame) has been having some rather
severe doubts about XPointer itself:

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2002OctDec
/0039.html>

"I made the mistake of reading this specification today.... In short,
these things are not suitable for use with URIs and should not be
recommended by the W3C."

Maybe it's not such a bad thing that I missed the IETF deadline on those
Internet-Drafts.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether