   unable to set external-schemaLocation property in XercesJ 2.2.0

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: unable to set external-schemaLocation property in XercesJ 2.2.0
  • From: Raphael Huber <rhuber@inform.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:59:05 +0100

Hi all

I want to validate my XML using XercesJ 2.2.0 with explicitely given xml-Schema-location
Therefore I use:

            reader.setProperty("http://apache.org/xml/properties/schema/external-noNamespaceSchemaLocation";, "C:/schema/Customer.xsd");

Unfortunately this does not work, Xerces does not find it, instead it tells:

            cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'Customer'.   // where Customer is the root element

In the previous versions (2.0.0 and 2.1.0) this worked fine like that
I also already tried:

          file://c:/schema/Customer.xsd
          /schema/Customer.xsd
          file:///schema/Customer.xsd
          and many more...  (which worked in the older versions as well, but not in 2.2.0)

Anybody knows how to specify the schema-location in Xerces 2.2.0?

Cheers,
Raphi