   RE: RE: [xml-dev] XML/RDF

>One thing I didn't find in the article was a compelling reason to
>care ... "As RDF interest and application development grows, there's
>an increasing payoff in keeping RDF concerns in mind ".  Uhh, not
>in the world I live in!  Sorry, I just don't see much interest
>in RDF.

Couple of factlets I jotted from a presentation the other day [1] : Adobe
[2] has integrated RDF support into their products (Acrobat, Photoshop etc)
and the figure suggested is about 10 million documents produced by these
will contain RDF by the end of the year; Sun Microsystems are using RDF
across the board in their internal knowledge management system (GKE) [3].

I'm sure there are plenty of other examples (like Mozilla and the thousands
of RSS 1.0 syndicated feeds...).

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.bncf.net/dc2002/
(specifically Eric Miller's keynote, slides available somewhere)

[2] http://www.adobe.com/products/xmp/main.html

[3]
http://sg.sun.com/events/presentation/files/kmasia2002/Sun.KnowledgeMngmnt_F
INAL.pdf