   Re: [xml-dev] W3C XML Schema 1.1

At 02:41 PM 11/6/2002 -0500, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
>http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema

Which says:

>The XML Schema WG is currently working to develop a set of requirements
>for XML Schema 1.1, which is intended to be mostly compatible with XML
>Schema 1.0 and to have approximately the same scope, but also to fix bugs
>and make whatever improvements we can, consistent with the constraints on
>scope and compatibility.
>
>If you have suggestions for specific requirements for XML Schema 1.1 (or
>for later versions), please send us mail using the public comment list.

I'm no longer part of the Schema WG, but FWIW:

The W3C XML Schema WG is still working on deciding what the requirements
are for XML Schema 1.1. The above statement is pretty clear that they see
1.1 as having limited scope.

As for W3C XML Schema 2.0, people are, in fact, speaking of it as something
that's probably going to happen. But there won't be a Schema 2.0 before
there's a Schema 1.1, and they are still working on requirements at this point.

Jonathan