   Re: [xml-dev] how is xpointer supposed to work?

Stefano Debenedetti scripsit:

> hello list,
>
> it is very unclear to me how is XPointer information to be received by an XPointer-enabled server, and if such a server is even supposed to exist, as it seems to me that existing browsers keep any info after the crosshatch char # for after-resource-retrieval processing and don't send that part of the URL to the server, and from what I gaher that happens to be conformant to RFC 2396, is that true?

That is standards-conformant behavior.  XPointers can be used as fragment
identifiers in URI references, in which case they are client-side, but may
also be useable in other ways which haven't been thought up yet.

--
With techies, I've generally found              John Cowan
If your arguments lose the first round          http://www.reutershealth.com