   WS-I Basic Profile

This is likely old news to some of you, but:
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/Basic/2002-10/BasicProfile-1.0-WGD.htm

Seems to be the first draft of a document which:
"defines the WS-I Basic Profile, consisting of a set of non-proprietary
Web services specifications, along with clarifications to those
specifications which promote interoperability."

The front matter is as interesting as the technical content in some
ways:
---------------------------------
Notice

The material contained herein is not a license, either expressly or
impliedly, to any intellectual property owned or controlled by any of
the authors or developers of this material or WS-I. The material
contained herein is provided on an "AS IS" basis and to the maximum
extent permitted by applicable law, this material is provided AS IS AND
WITH ALL FAULTS, and the authors and developers of this material and
WS-I hereby disclaim all other warranties and conditions, either
express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if
any) implied warranties, duties or conditions of merchantability, of
fitness for a particular purpose, of accuracy or completeness of
lack of negligence. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE,
QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION OR
NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH REGARD TO THIS MATERIAL.

IN NO EVENT WILL ANY AUTHOR OR DEVELOPER OF THIS MATERIAL OR WS-I BE
LIABLE TO ANY OTHER PARTY FOR THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
SERVICES, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY INCIDENTAL,
CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES WHETHER UNDER
CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THIS
OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT RELATING TO THIS MATERIAL, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH
PARTY HAD ADVANCE NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

Feedback

The Web Services-Interoperability Organization (WS-I) would like to
receive input, suggestions and other feedback ("Feedback") on this work
from a wide variety of industry participants to improve its quality over
time.

By sending email, or otherwise communicating with WS-I, you (on behalf
of yourself if you are an individual, and your company if you are
providing Feedback on behalf of the company) will be deemed to have
granted to WS-I,the members of WS-I, and other parties that have access
to your Feedback, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide,
perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, disclose, copy,
license, modify, sublicense or otherwise distribute and exploit in any
manner whatsoever the Feedback you provide regarding the work. You
acknowledge that you have no expectation of confidentiality with respect
to any Feedback you provide. You represent and warrant that you have
rights to provide this Feedback, and if you are providing Feedback on
behalf of a company, you represent and warrant that you have the rights
to provide Feedback on behalf of your company. You also acknowledge that
WS-I is not required to review, discuss, use, consider or in any way
incorporate your Feedback into future versions of its work. If WS-I does
incorporate some or all of your Feedback in a future version of the
work, it may, but is not obligated to include your name (or, if you are
identified as acting on behalf of your company, the name of your
company) on a list of contributors to the work. If the foregoing is not
acceptable to you and any company on whose behalf you are acting, please
do not provide any Feedback.

Feedback on this document should be directed to
wsbasic_comment@ws-i.org.

I guess I shouldn't provide any Feedback, but others may be less
daunted.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether